School Pics

I'd like to interrupt this adventure blog with a mundane detail...  School Pictures!  With the move, confusion with the schools and slow mail, getting the girls school photos this year has been an exercise in patience and organization.  I believe I finally have them all in one place (and there are a LOT) so it seems worth posting!  Here we go!
2nd day of School Neil Cummins (Sept 2014). 
Last day of School at Neil Cummins (Oct 2014)
Honestly, this is actually the SECOND day.  Louise would not go the first day or pose for a picture.  So, Vivi dressed up the first day, but had reverted beyond her first impression outfit to be a bit more normal...

First day of school in Shanghai.  Notice the bandaid on Vivi's lip and I'm so impressed that I braided Louise's hair!  Both are jet lagged and nervous. 
Last day of school in Shanghai.  Decidedly more relaxed.  Lip healed nicely.  Both girls with a certain swagger...
Vivian 1st Grade Photo at NC
Vivian 1st Grade class at NC
Louise 2nd Grade Photo at NC
Louise's 2nd Grade class at NC
Vivian 1st Grade Photo at SCIS
Vivian's Class at SCIS
Is this not the worst background ever?  It completely blends with the t-shirts and washes the kids out!!!
Louise's Class at SCIS.  Sadly, we did not get an opportunity to buy her individual photo

This is an oldie but a goodie...  Vivian's softball photo from Kindergarten.  I'd not distributed it earlier.  She LOVED softball!

One final note on this post.  I've had it in draft for over a month.  I could NOT find the photo of the girl's first day of school in Shanghai.  I've been using Aperture as my photo management software and something was happening with my files.  I ended up converting to a Lightroom 30day test and as soon as I converted my 100+GB of photos, voila!  I found it.  Phew!  Lets hope I like this software better!

Comments

  1. Rome gets only one blog entry?!? Was it disappointing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reverse! It got even better and I've not had a chance to update. :-( Movers come today so it is a little chaotic. Hope to get more up in the next week or so - or at least after the girls go back to school. That said, sounds like Seattle Public Schools is about to strike...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random Pictures

Tokyo - better late than never!

OMG!!! TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!!!!!