The best glass of wine I will EVER drink!!!
There are a lot of names for it: A China Day, China-Low, life... But, every expat seems to have experienced those days that just aren't as good. Where really simple things are dead-hard. Or where you can't win. I've had a little of it - but not a really bad day. Although I've had a few "Gap" days. Strange how those follow you across the pacific.
Regardless... Another Gap family moved here a few months before us. I know the father (Mike) quite well. He was in a leadership development course with me in 2012 and 2013. It was 12 people and included two+ weeks in Europe. Needless to say, we all know a lot about one another and a lot of alcohol was consumed. Regardless, Mike, his wife (Jen) and their two lovely teenaged daughters live in our building. One evening, we happened to be riding up the elevator together and I started describing the chilled glass of white wine I really wanted. It was on my mind when I got home. Steve was out with the girls and I was bummed. Just as I thought I was going to need to go to CityShop and pay too much money for warm white wine, the doorbell rang. There stood Jen. Arm extended. Chilled white wine (generous pour) in hand. YEAH! She told me that the rule is that when someone has a "China-day", you bring wine... I think we will be ok here...

Comments
Post a Comment