Who says they don't celebrate Christmas in China?!

One of my biggest concerns about moving here and the timing was that we'd miss out on Christmas.  I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the holiday.  I love the romantic notion of it - snow, sleigh's, parties, the nutcracker, pretty trees, the works.  The reality, especially working in retail, is more about getting through an endless list of things to get done and stepping out for one party.  Regardless, I've not given up on the notion of the romance.

We got here in early November - just as the trees were starting to come out in the US (at that time, with lots of commenting on how early it was...)  So, I was super excited when I started to see decorations here.  Never mind the collision with Thanksgiving.  I took pictures of the girls in front of them.  We ohhhhed and aweddddd... But, by the time it was Christmas, we were worn down.  Too many trees!  Too too much!  The good news is that the majority of them are down.  Phew!

The following are some of our favorite trees and sites.  Enjoy!

German Christmas Market.  A highlight.  But, isn't it annoying when the kids are looking the right way and the adult isn't?!  :-)

Belgium waffle sprinkled in powered sugar, dripped with melted chocolate on the front steps of a brew pub at Christmas market

Ticket.  Wanted to put it in a scrap book, but was able to trade it in on 30RMB (around $4.50) of food.



Louise in front of near by mall.  There is a lack of understanding that Xmas is an abbreviation.

Check out the branding...  Cartier...

Louis Vuitton - not sure why the girls are barely touching...

The Peace Hotel (Fairmont) on the Bund 
Random shopping centers...





Waldorf-Astoria on the Bund
 
Nothing says Christmas quite like Heineken...


Best part of this one is that it was right by California Pizza Kitchen


Thats a Lego tree!

More Xmas!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random Pictures

Tokyo - better late than never!

OMG!!! TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!!!!!